Tuesday, November 17, 2009

An extension of our life?

"As we become accustomed to new things, they are woven into the fabric of daily life." This is a very true statement. I personally am very excited about technologies, new and old, and I really can't think of a technology that I've crossed paths with that I don't use. The examples given in the book really demonstrate this idea of how becoming accustomed to new technologies weaves it into the fabric of daily life. Phones, computers, televisions, electricity... I use it all the time. I use it without even thinking about using it! It makes me wonder about how we've evolved as a society and maybe how dependent we've become on these kids of technologies. Life would certainly be difficult with some of the technologies I listed. Just like my body requires certain organs or parts (technologies), my job "life" requires certain "parts", my social life would be pretty hard without the important "parts", even worshiping at my church would be incredibly different without certain technologies. Not to say I wouldn't be able to do some of the things I do (with the exception of maybe my job), it just be incredibly different and I'd have to adapt to social life and worshiping without the technologies, just as your body would have to adapt to having only one leg or one arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment